Happy Birthday to Me!
I’m going to be Fifty tomorrow! The BIG FIVE OH!!! OH My, that feels like such a huge number. I’m feeling so OLD!!! I can’t believe I’m joining The FIFTY CLUB!!! It’s better to be getting older than to be DEAD!
I’m always told that I look young for my age or that I have found the fountain of youth. But I certainly feel my age. I have lots of aches and pains from accidents and scoliosis. And since I’ve been getting older I’ve noticed that when I get a cold, it is very hard to shake it off sometimes.
Here are some of the things that I do that I believe has helped me stay looking and feeling younger.
- Drink lots of water. (I’ve heard that you should drink half your body weight in ounces. But I hardly ever do. “Pout!”)
- Cleanse my face. (Even if I don’t have a cleanser, I splash my face with water. Water is my friend.)
- Use moisturizer!!!! (I can’t stress this enough. I use it daily, sometimes twice a day. My mother got me to start using moisturizer when I was maybe 12 or younger, I’m not sure. The first brand I used was Dew Kiss by Avon and is no longer available. Boo! A similar one I’ve found is called Purpose.)
- I don’t destroy my skin by worshipping the sun. (If I must be out in the sun, I use a high sunscreen and don’t stay out long.)
- I try to eat whole, natural foods. (I try to stay away from processed food and stuff that has chemicals in it.)
- I limit my cheat snacks as a reward or for a special occasion. (They are appreciated greatly!)
- If I feel like drinking alcohol, I drink moderately and not very often. (Usually, once or twice a month is good enough for me.)
- I try to get enough sleep. (Even though I don’t always go to bed at a decent time. 6-8 hours is good.)
- Take vitamins. (Since I recently went “Vegan”, I only take a multivitamin and B-12. I get plenty of the necessary vitamins and nutrients from my plant-based diet.)
- Take walks. (It gives me the exercise and vitamin D. It’s good to get your body moving, to be out of the house and breathe in the fresh air.)
- Eliminate stress from my life. (I know it is inevitable that we all have stress. I try not to sweat the minor stuff. Take one day at a time and try to stay positive. It helps to be around friendly, positive people.)
- Be HAPPY!!! (Life is too short. Make your life the best you can. If you aren’t happy about something, what can you do to make things better? Take baby steps towards a better, happier life.)
- Get a change of scenery every once in a while. (Being away from home helps you recharge, even if it’s for a few hours. Take a walk on the beach, waterfront, nature trail or just a leisure drive.)
I hope you all have enjoyed my post. Please like, share and follow!